Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Yr. C, Wk.36: Farewells

Scott wondered if anyone this week has had a time free of thinking about the pandemic. Some of us mentioned yard work, reviewing 10 years' paperwork and feeling re-inspired. Mariel said, "I think about it once in the morning, not again." Matt's always aware, but never worried.
Yr. C theme: Living as Spiritually Mature Christians Class: Matt, Pete, first year; Christine, second year; Mariel, Gene, third year; Erica, fourth year; Scott and Susan, co - mentors. Absent: none.
We answered questions of reflection in the Reading and Reflection Guide about the year in EfM, recording the session for possible use in a video to help with recruitment for next year.
Scott displayed Erica's diploma. "They even spelled my name right!" she exclaimed. We signed a virtual card of congratulations to our graduate:

We will all miss you and I still think you should consider becoming a mentor. I will especially miss all of your TRs. I will never forget the sick child at Disney. Susan

Erica, congratulations on completing 4 years of EfM! Good luck with your future theological reflections. We’ll miss your humor and insights. Mariel

Congrats, Erica! The last three years have been wonderful, and I wish you luck with your future vocation! Gene

Congratulations Erica! It has been so lovely growing in the word with you! you are a delight and an inspiration! wishing you joy as you continue on your journey. Christine

Dear Erica, I was so lucky to sit by you in EFM this year! Thank you for the times when I could listen to an opinion or thought you had that made me go "Yeah, I really feel the same way too." Congrats! Matthew

Congratulations, Erica! Well done. You appear to me to be a very serene person, with a ton of spirituality. I hope those good qualities rub off on me. Best wishes for your future and I hope our paths cross again. Pete

Erica, I've enjoyed your sly sense of humor, nudging us into different ways of looking. So often I refer to your ideas, and your TRs, and your gifts to us. Our group dynamics have indeed been wonderful this year, and I think it's largely your calming influence, and your patience to listen while men (mostly) interrupt you. We are so proud of you, and we will miss you! Scott

From Erica: Thank you, everyone, I will miss all of you and EfM so much next year.





Susan displayed a sample of the Collection of Collects that the mentors will prepare for everyone to send out in a month or so.
We spoke the Litany of Farewell in the RRG, adding our favorite collects at the end. Before we adjourned for the year, we took a last class picture:



No comments: